How to Convert Video Format using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most of the video files with ease. VLC Media Player is the most versatile video player that can be downloaded by many of us nowadays due to its amazing ability and attractive user interface. We observe that sometimes many of our devices do not support a specific kind of video format. In that case, we need to change the video format to play that video on the same device. And for that, we need to buy an expensive video converter. But it can be done without any cost using the VLC media player.
Most of the people use VLC media player as their primary media player because it’s very easy to operate and have an attractive user interface. But in reality, VLC is not just a media player. It has a large number of hidden features in it. From which video converter is one of the very important and useful features. It is a very useful and handy trick by which you can easily convert your given video format and play that video file as well as on other devices. In this post, I am going to show you how we can change video formats using the VLC media player.
1. First of all, open the VLC media player on your device and then click on the media option in the menu bar. After that select the ‘Convert/Save’ option from the Media option in the menu bar.
2. After click on the “Convert/Save” option, an Open media dialog box will appear on the screen. Here click on the Add button from where browse and select the video file which is to be converted into another format.
Also Read: – How to create a Virtual Hard Disk in Windows PC
3. After select, the video file clicks on the convert/Save option at the end of the box. From here select the Convert option and it will open the Convert box on the device screen.
4. Now in the Convert dialog box select the video format options according to your preferences and select the format which suits your device and you can easily watch video on your device.
5. After selecting the suitable video format click on the edit selected profile option if you want to make more changes and then save this setting. At the last browse the destination for the converted video file and click on Start option to start the conversion process.
From the above images you can set given options in the VLC media player:
a: – Here you can choose the video format according to your need.
b: – This is the advanced option to convert video. In this option, you can set your own profile with screen resolution, quality, frame rate, etc and all of your needs to convert video.
c: – By this option, you have to set the destination folder for the converted video. After clicking the browse button and setting destination folder you can also be able to give the name of the converted file.
After setting everything you just have to click on the start option. And the process will start for conversion. After completion of conversion you just have to open the destination folder, where you can enjoy your video.
So from this method, you can easily change any video format using the VLC media player. After reading this post if you have any queries, advice, suggestion regarding this post then provide us feedback in the comment section. And for further updates subscribe to our blog and stay updated.