How to install Red hat Linux 5 on your system (Graphical installation)
This article is all about how to install red hat Linux 5 in VMware workstation on your system. Here in this article, first of all, we install VMware workstation on our system then use the following process to install the Linux operating system on your system. It is the same as Linux installation on your real machine. But VMware is a very useful platform for beginners who want to learn the Linux operating system. VMware and Virtual Box are the two useful platforms that provide a virtual platform to install and learn Linux. By installing Linux in a virtual machine you can easily learn Linux without affecting your real machine. So beginners always use VMware workstation to learn the Linux operating system.
Complete guide on Virtualization is here How to install VirtualBox on Windows and importance of Virtualization along with How to Configure VirtualBox on Windows and How to Install and Configure VMware on your PC
Now use the following steps to install the Linux operating system on your system and VMware workstation also. Video link is also available at the end of the article if you want to watch then click on it and enjoy.
1. If you use cd and bootable USB drive to install the Linux operating system. First of all, it will ask whether you wanna test the operating system on this media (CD or USB) is runnable or not. Simply click on the skip option.
2. Now click on the Next option on the following screen.
3. Now after that, it will ask you for what language would you like to use during the installation process. choose a language in which you are comfortable in the Linux operating system. then click on the Next button.
4. Now after that, it will ask you to select the appropriate keyboard language from the list of languages for your system and click on the Next button to proceed.
5. After that, it will ask you to give the installation key. If you have any key then simply paste in that appropriate box and click on the Ok option. Otherwise, choose to Skip entering Installation Number and then click on the Ok button to proceed.
6. If you don’t have any installation key and choose to skip installation number then after that it will show a skip pop-up screen on your system. Now in that pop-up screen click on the Skip button to proceed.
7. After that, it will ask you for initialize drive now click on YES option to use your hard drive for Linux operating system.
8. Now after that create partitions in Linux by using create custom layout option from the drop-down menu from the following screen.
9. Now after that click on the Next option to proceed.
10. After that, it will show all of your hard drives free space on your screen. Now choose that free space from your hard drive and then click on the New option to create a new partition.
Do you Know: – How to hack Google?
11. Now add partition wizard will be opened on your screen now to create a primary partition then type “/” in mount point and choose ext3 file system type. After that give the size to that partition like I am having 23547 MB space available and I am giving 18000 MB to this primary partition. Then click on the OK button to proceed.
12. Now the ext3 partition will be created on your system. After that again select remaining free space and click on the New option to create a new partition in Linux.
13. Now after clicking on New option Add partition wizard will be opened on your screen. First, choose the file system as swap and then give a size to your swap partition. Always remember that the size of your swap partition will be twice of your system’s total RAM otherwise swap partition is not usable.
14. Now you will see that your swap partition will be also created. Now to save these partitions on your hard disk click on the Next button.
15. Now click on the Next button to install grub boot loader on your hard drive.
16. Now after that Network devices will be opened on your screen. Now make sure that all the network devices will be marked then click on the Next button to proceed.
17. Now after that select date and time zone according to your country from the following screen and then click on the Next button to proceed.
18. Now after that, it will ask you for the root user password which helps you to log into your system. It is the same as the admin’s password. After giving the root password click on the Next button to proceed.
19. After that, it will ask you for Linux customization on this screen simply choose to customize later option then click on the Next button without any change. After that, it will take all the information provided by you and calculate the package needed for installation.
20. Now after that click on the Next button to start the Linux installation process on your system.
21. Now it will format all of your hard drives and then start package installation on your system. Installation might take several minutes. So wait for some time and do not restart and shut down your system while installing Linux on your system.
22. After the installation process is completed it will ask you to reboot your system. Now simply click on the Reboot option then remove your media (CD or USB drive) which is used to install Linux on your system.
23. Now the process of rebooting the system will be started and it looks like given below figure.
24. After that, you saw that a welcome screen will be opened on your system. Now simply click on the Forward option to proceed.
25. Now after that, it will ask you for the license agreement. Simply click on Yes, I agree to the License Agreement option to continue and click on the Forward button to proceed.
26. Now after that set firewall for your system using the firewall setup wizard. Now make sure that the ssh box is checked so ssh service is enabled on your system then click on the Forward button to proceed.
27. Now after that, it will ask you for SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux). Now simply choose Enforcing option from the drop-down menu and then click on the Forward button to proceed.
28. Now after that, it will show you Kdump screen no need to change on this. Simply click on the Forward option to proceed.
29. Now set date and time for your system and then click on the Forward button to proceed.
30. Now after that, it will ask you to set up software updates to your system. Now choose N0, I prefer to register later option and then click on the Forward option to proceed.
31. Now after that a pop-up will be opened on your screen in it choose No thanks, I’ll connect later option.
32. Now after that click on the Forward option to proceed further in the software setup process.
33. Now after that, It will ask you to create users. If you want to create users at that time than fill entries otherwise leave entries blank and click on the Forward option to proceed.
34. After that, a pop-up screen will be opened on your screen in it click on the Continue option to skip user creation. You can create the users later after the configuration is completed.
35. After that, set a sound card for your system using the sound card configuration wizard. sound cards default setting is ok, So we do not change anything in it and click on the Forward option to proceed.
36. After that, it will ask you to install software through a CD. Now click on the Finish button to proceed and finish all the configurations in Linux.
37. After the installation process is complete it will ask you for the username. Now provide the username as root and press enter to proceed.
38. After that, it will ask you for your root password which is set by you in previous steps. Here type root password in it and press enter to open your Linux operating system on your computer.
39. Now, all set and your Linux will be successfully installed on your system and it is ready to use.
If you have any queries regarding this solved out through the comment section.
If you want to saw this all process in video format click on given below link