Problem Fixed: Your PC Ran into a problem that it couldn’t Handle, and Now it Needs to Restart
In this article, we will learn about how to fix error “Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and now it needs to restart” in Windows operated PCs and laptops and this problem is also known as blue screen death problem. Sometimes when we use our system which is operated on the Windows operating system is stopped and shows an error with the blue screen. That stop error message looks like “Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and now it needs to restart, you can search for the error online SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (pci.sys)”.
This type of error caused by the bad driver that caused your Windows computer to crash. Here, in this case, that bad driver is (pci.sys) but it could also be files like athwb.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, win32k.sys, atikmdag.sys, aswsp.sys, etc. This type of error also known as blue screen error or death screen error.
In these types of error, your PC shows an error like Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and now it needs to restart. Then we saw that our windows collected some information and once that was done our system rebooted automatically. One day this type of blue screen shows on my laptop while working on my laptop then I think about it and do some research on it and then finally I got a solution regarding this blue screen.
But after some time, I feel that this type of blue screen shows different types of errors in our system which is given above. Then I worked on it and find out why these types of errors show on Windows operating systems. Now we saw What I did to resolve this issue.
1. First of all, check whether your PC or laptop has enough disk space. If your PC does not have enough disk space then use some disk cleanup tools and remove junk files from your system and free up disk space. Then make sure your PC or laptop has enough disk space.
Here now you can saw the name of a file after the error code. The figure is given above. This indicates the name of the driver which has a bug and causes a blue screen and computer crash. Now you should find out what the file is about by searching it on the internet. After that search for it on your PC or laptop then check its properties.
Like in my case the error message should be “Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and now it needs to restart, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (pci.sys)“, Here at the end you can saw that a file name pci.sys displayed. Now search this file on the internet and find out what type of file is it.
After a simple search, you can find out that pci.sys is a driver file that is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers and another thing which is finding out from the online search that it is a Microsoft operating system file which is related to NT Plug and Play Enumerator.
Now it may be possible that this file may be corrupted that causes a blue screen error message on our system.
Now search for instances of the pci.sys driver file in the System32 folder. You can saw one in the location mentioned above and another is possibly at C:\Windows\System32\DLLcache\ or C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\. after finding them check its properties, size, and version number also if it is identical in nature then copy this file to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers and replace the original file.
2. If this method does not help you then install System file checker on your system and run it to identify and replace corrupt operating system files. After completion of scanning restart your computer to fix this problem.
3. If this method does not work for you then update your graphics driver to their latest version and check this method work for you or not. To update your graphics driver Intel users may use Intel Driver Update Utility and whereas AMD users use AMD Driver AutoDetect.
4. If this method does not work then run the Windows 10 blue screen Troubleshooter from Microsoft and resolve that problem.
5. If the stop error prevents Windows from booting in normal mode then run automatic repair from the advanced options to resolve your problem that will surely help you. If this method also does not work for you the last method is given below.
6. If the Blue screen occurs at startup then you may need to boot Windows in safe mode and rename, repair, and delete the faulty driver from your system. If the driver is also used as part of the system process in normal mode as well as in safe mode. Then you must restart the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file. Because without recovery console you can not able to access that file. After that, you need to perform a clean boot of your system and check this method is works for you or not.
7. If all of the above methods do not work for you then you can use below-given options to fix this problem.
System Restore: – If your system shows a blue screen problem after updating your system to the latest version and before updating your system works perfectly. Then use System Restore feature which is given by Microsft in the all version of windows. System Restore rolls your system software back to a previous state. If this works then understand that it is a software problem and to prevent yourself from the blue screen problem never update your system in the nearby future.
Hardware problems: – If your system shows a blue screen problem then also check for Hardware problems on your PC. Because the blue screen also caused by faulty hardware. So try to test your computer’s memory for errors and also check the temperature of your system and make sure that it is not overheating. Also, check other hardware as well as these two.
Check for Viruses and malware: – Sometimes Windows system crashed by some harmful Viruses and malware and shows the blue screen of death. So to protect your system from viruses always scan your computer for malware after a certain time interval and also prevent your system from crashing the Windows operating system.
Reinstall Windows: – If you try all of the methods and failed in to fix the blue screen problem then the perfect option for your PC or laptop to fix this problem is reset Windows or perform a clean installation of Windows. By reinstalling Windows all of your existing software and crashed files will be deleted permanently and your system works at its fastest speed. If your system shows a blue screen problem after this then this is surely by the faulty hardware. In this case, take your PC to a computer expert and replace your faulty hardware with a new one.
If you found this article helpful then follow our blog for further updates. If any of the methods is work for you then provide us feedback by using the comment section because your feedback is valuable to us.