How to Backup and Restore the Registry of System in Windows
Whenever you make some changes in the registry, the smartest move is to take the backup first. So that if something goes wrong in future you could restore the original settings back. Any of the responsible bloggers will probably tell you to backup the registry first so your all the registry settings will remain secure and safe on your own system. It is quite difficult than you think so do this process carefully. Here In this article, we will discuss how to take registry backup and also how to restore it.
♦ What is Registry
But first of all, we should have information about, what is the registry? The registry is the Database which contains all the settings and configuration for services, applications, components used by a system. In other words, we can say that the windows registry is the hierarchical database that contains all of the configuration and settings used by components, services, applications and all the other things in Windows.
♦ Why it is important to Backup and Restore Windows Registry
After messing with the settings, to restore the settings back to normal backup is important. It just takes a couple of minutes to restore the registry back. To take backup and restore registry follow these steps.
♦ To Take the Backup of your registry use given below steps
1. First of all, Open Run search box on your Windows PC using Windows Key+R. After that type regedit in it and click on OK button to proceed. This command will open the Registry Editor on your PC. The figure is shown below
2. Now in the Registry Editor go to menu bar and click on File option and then click on the Export option. The figure is shown below
3. After that, select the path where a backup is to be saved and also insert the file name and select the Export range to All on the lower side of a left panel and click on Save. And the registry backup will be saved to the selected place. The figure is shown below
This is the process by which you can easily take backup of your all the registry settings on your system in a single click. So you can easily restore your settings if some problem and changes occur in the operating of your system.
♦ To Restore the Registry Backup use given below steps
4. Now to restore the registry backup again on your system open the Registry Editor, go to menu bar and click on File option and select Import option here.
5. Now select the path where the backup is saved and select the registry backup file and then click on Open. The figure is shown below
Now the registry of your system is restored to default. This is the easiest way by which you can easily take backup and also restore registry backups on your own system. If you have any queries feel free to ask in the comment section and also provide feedback to us and follow our blog for further updates.