How to protect your browsers from hackers? (to some extent)
Time has changed and things also have gone too far beyond normal human thoughts. How to protect your browsers from hackers is the most asked question nowadays I think that can be answered by this article. In the present modern world, generally many people have a bad habit of using another person’s computer without asking them and also searching a way for entering others privacy and they enjoy other’s privacy by stealing their password and username from their computers without knowing them. Generally, we save our password and usernames in the browsers for fast login and switching accounts.
In that case, to prevent yourself from these types of peoples use some tricks to protect your privacy by locking your browsers with a password. So, that now if somebody tries to open your browser without your permission they can not access your browser because now your browser will be password protected. Now it will always ask your password when you open your browser on your computer if you don’t know the password you can’t use it and remains locked. In that case, nobody can enter in that browser and nobody can steal your private data from the browser.
1. Protect Google Chrome with a password
Now to set up password for your chrome browser follow below-given steps
1. First of all, open Chrome browser and go to option then click on More Tools option and then click on Extensions option. The figure is shown below
2. Now on the Extensions page click on the ‘Open Chrome Web Store‘ option then wait for a few seconds and your chrome web store will be opened in a new tab.
3. After opening the chrome web store in the new tab you can saw a search option at the upper corner on the left sidebar. In that search box type PassBrow and press enter to search this extension on chrome web store.
4. After a few seconds results will be displayed on your screen related to your search now click on Try Now option from PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking.
5. The Try Now button redirects you to a new page at that page click on the Add to Chrome option to add this to your browsers extension list. After that, a new pop up will be displayed on your screen in that click on the Add Extension button to proceed.
6. Now from allowed extensions list click on the PassBrow extension to configure it. After clicking on the PassBrow extension it asks you for allowing incognito mode also gives it access to the incognito mode so your private browsing is also secured with normal browsing.
7. After allowing incognito mode again click on the extension from the list then click on the Options button to proceed further.
8. On the PassBrow extension page, all the settings are displayed now configures it according to your need and also set the password for your browser from the New Password option. You can also block a website using this extension.
Now your Google Chrome browser will be password protected. Now, whenever you want to open Google chrome it will always ask you for your password and keep away the unauthorized person from accessing your browser without your permission.
2. How to protect Safari browser
Now to setup password for your safari browser follows these steps.
1. First of all, go to system preferences in your safari browser and then click on the parental controls option in it.
2. Now click on Lock sign in it to edit the user access and then search for safari which will be shown in limit applications.
3. Now you saw that safari is marked now simply unmarked it from here.
4. Now again simply click on the Lock sign and exit from the system preferences.
5. Your Safari browser will be password protected. Now, whenever you open the Safari browser it will always ask you for your password and keep away the unauthorized person from accessing your browser without your permission.
3. How to protect your Opera browser
Now to setup password for your opera browser follow these steps
1. First of all open, the Opera browser and click on the Opera menu which is given at the uppermost corner at the left side of your browser. After that click on Extension option then click on get extensions option. The figure is shown below
2. Now Opera add-ons will be opened in a new tab. Now type Set password for your opera ( opera lock ) in the search box which is given at the upper corner at the right side on the opera add-ons page and press enter to get results related to your search.
3. Now from the given results simply click on the first extension shown on the screen that is opera lock extension.
4. Then click on the Add to opera button that is shown on the extension page. The figure is shown below.
5. When the installation process is completed a new pop-up screen will be opened on your screen it will ask you for setting a new password for opera simply enter a password in it that you can remember and then click on the ok button.
6. After clicking on the Ok button again a new pop-up will be opened on the screen it will ask you to close the browser so the new password will take effect on the browser. The figure is shown below
7. Now your opera browser is password protected. Now, whenever you want to open the opera browser it will always ask you for the password and keep unauthorized persons away from accessing your browser without your permission.
Talking about Firefox browser we already did that click here to read about how to Password Protect Firefox browser?
These are the best and simple method for locking your browser by a strong password. After that nobody can open it without your permission. Comment your thoughts.